The IMPS-SA Conference of 2019 was held in August at the Premier Hotel Winkler, hosted by the City of Mbombela (Nelspruit), Mpumalanga.
150 delegates attended the conference, amongst which were present Cllr Sibusiso Mathonsi – Mayor of City of Mbombela, Honorary Life President – Mr Johan Bosch, Dr Ximbi – Honorary Life Member and Mr Nchefu our Immediate Past President.
The conference was opened by Executive Mayor Cllr Mathonsi, City of Mbombela who’s welcome message was well received, and in the spirit of the conference.
The conference topic was “Extended Powers for all Municipal Law Enforcement Officers” and highlights from the Conference included:
- Developing The Extended Powers Acquired Through Gn R1114, Dated 19 October 2018 For All Municipal Law Enforcement Officers In The Rsa
- Law Enforcement: When Is Training “Approved Training” For The Purposes Of Competency Certificates?
- The Efficacy Of The IMPS-SA/SALGA Partnership From A Knowledge Management Perspective Highlighting Areas Of Collaboration
- “Cloud” Access Control For Municipalities
- The Fight Against Rhino Poaching In The Kruger National Park
- Intermodal Enforcement In Light Of Extension Of Powers And The Need For Quality Assurance In Enforcement/Policing
- Community Policing And The Empowerment Of Neighbourhood Watches
- A Futuristic Public Safety Department
- The Importance Of Revenue Protection Units In Municipalities To Effectively Combat Non-technical Losses
- Doldrums Of Non-implementation Of Certain Parts Of The Migration Policy And Prevailing Opportunities For The Cities
The conference ended on a high note at our farewell braai, and a game drive the following morning where we were blessed in seeing elephants up close, before we parted ways ready to take on the next year.
Some highlights captured from the 2019 event: